Monday, March 26, 2012

Bad Weekend!

I had a very bad weekend as far as the diet and weight loss goes.  I went over my calories on Saturday and almost again on Sunday.  I didn't work out at all, not even a single push up.  It wasn't that I wanted it to go this way, I just felt tired.  Now that I had the bad weekend I feel terrible today too, even though I'm back to eating right.  I hope once I hop on the bike tonight that I feel better.

At this point I blame it all on the weather, we had a lot of rain and it was getting colder out.  It was also a double XP weekend for Call of Duty so I did quite a bit of gaming.  I am also trying to cut back to nothing when it comes to smoking.  All of these things together caused me to fail this weekend.  Usually, I would just give up completely, but not this time!

Rain or shine, I am exercising tonight!  I had a few cookies at work today, but other than that I have been eating healthy.  I am back to drinking adequate amounts of water, compared to at home where I never drink water.  I also moved more at work than I probably moved at all over the weekend.  I can't let a weekend like this happen again or I might not be continuing with Daddy Weight Loss.  Don't worry though, I'm not giving up, I am just venting a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. It's ok to take a break from the weight loss occasionally, just be sure to make up for it when you get back to exercising. The little breaks can actually help your weight loss, because you'll work so hard to stop yourself feeling bad about it.

    I know what you mean about the bad weather. I stopped all outdoors exercise (biking, running, etc.) over winter, but the weather has been amazing lately so I've been out on my bike and I'll be starting running again on thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel's right, don't beat yourself up over a little R&R over the weekend. I've done it loads of times and it's very beneficial since muscles only heal and grow when they are at rest after all that strain that's been put on them.

    Keep at it bro, you'll get there in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. I did notice while resting over the weekend that my legs were killing me. I thought about it for a few and it reminded me of "growing pains" when I was a kid. I guess my body really did need it and so did I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legs! I forgot to mention that legs take the longest to regenerate for some reason that eludes me (google perhaps?). Anyway they just take the longest compared to other muscles but that doesn't mean you can over work the others.

      Delete
    2. It is interesting that you would say that, my legs have always been this way. I might have to research that a little bit.

      Delete