Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weigh In and a New Biking Buddy


After work yesterday, I stopped to pick up mail from my parent's house.  While there I decided to weigh in because this is the same time and same scale that I always use.  I stripped down and climbed on the scale and looked down...
226.4 Pounds!
It may not be quite 2 pounds lost per week, but I had a slow week last week as far as exercising is concerned.  This all adds up to 8.6 pounds lost since February 15th, which is a little under 2 pounds per week.  I could care less, I am ecstatic!  I haven't been giving it my all either, I only exercise about 15-20 minutes each day and I don't follow a specific diet.  I haven't really lifted weights and I still eat 3 big meals each day.  All of the things that I am not doing are for a reason.  When I hit a plateau I will use these other things to blow right past it.

  • 45 minutes of exercise 5 days a week
  • Still count calories but eat healthier foods
  • Start weight lifting 3 days a week
  • Eat smaller meals spread throughout the day
These are going to be my "plateau busters" and I think they will be pretty successful.  I won't lie my motivation grows exponentially each day, Ashley is starting to get annoyed with me admiring myself in a mirror.  I can see the differences and feel the differences and that makes it all worthwhile!

Last night I got an unexpected offer from someone to ride bikes with me.  Ashley offered out of the blue and her doctor said that it was okay as long as she doesn't push it.  We went for a short ride around the block and after we circled around she went home and I continued for another lap.  It was nice to have someone to talk to and it didn't feel like a workout.  After she went home I could really feel my heart pumping and the sweat dripping off of me, but I didn't notice when we were talking.  It is funny how the mind and body works.

The weather is wonderful and I will be out riding tonight after cooking "breakfast for dinner" for Ashley and I.  The Daddy Weight Loss journey is moving at a steady pace and I'm loving every minute of it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss :)
    Don't wait until you hit a plateau, pick one of those things and start doing it straight away (I recommend weight lifting) if you can. Then you won't have to wait as long to be the fit, healthy person that you want to be.

    I know what you mean about not noticing the heart pumping and sweat when you have someone with you. Me and my running partner could be on mile 7, happily chatting and not noticing the struggle. If I did that run on my own, I'd be dying.

    Again, congratulations on the weight loss, just make sure you keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Daniel - I do agree with what you have to say about weight lifting. I am currently monitoring my blood pressure and if it continues to stay at healthy levels (which it has been) I will start weight lifting.

    It is just amazing how much distraction helps when working out.

    Thank you for the congratulations and I can assure you I will keep it up!

    ReplyDelete