Friday, March 23, 2012

Great Bike Ride

I had a great bike ride yesterday, I rode to and from the closing for our house.  After the closing I rode the longest route home I could find and figured the mileage out later to be about 8 miles.  I was pretty beat when I got home, but I got the chance to rest before I had to do anything else.

I didn't do so hot on the calories yesterday, I didn't go over but I got pretty close to going over.  It was so hot in the house and I was eating Popsicles to cool off.  I still felt pretty good, but all of the sugar was starting to get to  me.  Yesterday was also the first day without caffeine and it was brutal.  Today is just as bad, but I'm hoping it goes away soon.

This weekend should be a great time to switch up exercises a little bit.  I might be able to take longer rides and possibly jump on the weight bench a little bit.  I might weigh myself this weekend, but it almost seems a little too soon.  I've been taking a little break from pushups and crunches because with all the bike rides I've been pretty wore out.  I decided to do some push ups this morning and broke my record of 15 in a row and blasted through 20 push ups before I stopped myself.  Maybe it was just the little rest I needed, or maybe the bike riding is helping.  It could also be that I weigh less.

I'm not going to put too much thought into it, but I'm going to keep the Daddy Weight Loss journey moving along!

No comments:

Post a Comment