Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Motivation From God?





Disclaimer:
I try very hard not to be religious on my blogs because I want them to be appropriate for everyone.  I just couldn't pass up this opportunity. 

Yesterday I wasn't feeling the greatest after work and I was contemplating skipping my daily exercise.  Something kept nagging at me to get on the bike, ride, and push myself harder than I usually do.  After much hemming and hawing I jumped on my bike and headed out to the college which is about 5 blocks away.  I rode through the college and did a few laps around the parking lot.  Something urged me to not take the direct route home and go out and around the college and then through town.  I was pushing myself pretty hard and I thought I couldn't push anymore.

Then I saw it, it looked like garbage at first glance.  Something told me to stop and look.  On the side of the rode were 2 car seats.  Now I know that car seats aren't supposed to be reused and I completely understand why.  However, the bases on the car seats are the same ones that Ashley just ordered for the car seat we have.  

I rode as fast as I could home, probably faster than I have ever rode before.  I quickly put my bike in the shed and grabbed Ashley.  We jumped in my car and drove back over to the house with the car seats.  I went up and knocked on the door and nobody was home.  I loaded the car seats in the car and something told me that I needed to thank the people properly.  I left a note in the mailbox on the front of the house.

We drove home and made sure, but the bases do indeed fit our car seat!  The car seats seem to be fairly new so I may clean them up and possibly use one for my car.

What I took from this experience is that God is always listening and he always knows when you are going to give up.  He gave me incentive to keep on trucking and I can't thank him enough for that.  Maybe he reads me blog and knows that if I give up he has nothing to read everyday.  I will not accept that this was a mere coincidence and I hope that I do not offend anyone by feeling this way.  I just thought it was necessary to share as I am trying to lose weight to become a father.  Maybe this was a gift from above to help keep Daddy Weight Loss going!

No comments:

Post a Comment