Thursday, February 23, 2012

Morning Run

Sunrise over Presque Isle in Erie, PA

I went for a run this morning and I feel absolutely amazing.  I had a free half hour to spare so I did a little stretching and went running for about 20 minutes.  I was pretty sick last night and I got a few extra hours of sleep so I was already pretty energized.  It was cold out and snowing a little bit, but after a few minutes it didn't really bother me.

I am looking into running a 10k locally in August, but I will know better once the time comes.  I need to make sure that I have free time and also that I am in shape to do it.  I will be running alongside a coworker who has been motivating me through the process of taking up running.

I can't stress enough how amazing a runner's high feels, but it feels even better first thing in the morning.  I feel more lively and productive at work, I am in a better mood, and I don't feel tired like I usually do.  Unfortunately, I have a real problem waking up in the morning so it may be hard to do this on a regular basis.  I am working on my wake up routine and hopefully I can find a system that will help me avoid hitting the snooze button for 2 hours straight.

The picture above was not taken by me, it was taken by Tom Rung and posted on www.city-data.com.  I only posted it because this sunrise can be seen from near my house every morning and it is amazing.  Maybe that will be a personal goal, to wake up and run to take a picture of the sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment